Thursday 25 February 2010

Kate was wowed by the exhibitor offering at the London show

I think my feet have finally forgiven the high heels and recovered from a busy weekend at London's National Wedding Show.

It was a fabulous three days and made me even more excited about this exciting industry. Fourteen years ago when I first started out as a journalist, there were a few innovative companies in the UK bridal industry. But, I still found myself flicking through US magazines for inspiration when it came to wedding cakes and flowers. Today I'm constantly 'wowed' by the creative talents of people in this country, and so many of them were exhibiting at the National Wedding Show.

It was wonderful to spend some time with Eric Lanlard of Savoir Design whose cake designs I am in awe of. And, florists including Mathew Dickinson and Mary-Jane Vaughan created hugely impressive arrangements around the show.

Looking at the exhibitor list for next weekend's show at Birmingham's NEC, I know there are many more treats in store for all those lucky brides... and I can't wait. Do come and see our Inspiration Sessions where we'll be chatting about everything from cakes and flowers to planning and budgeting - I'm very much looking forward to meeting you!

2 comments:

  1. when are the next shows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next shows are taking place from the 1-3rd of October at London Earls Court and the 8-10th October at Birmingham NEC, tickets are on sale already at www.nationalweddingshow.co.uk or call 0844 581 1404

    ReplyDelete